The SoftwareHaus Asset Management (SAM) product tracks the financial, contractual and inventory details of hardware, software and virtual infrastructure – as well as non-IT assets – throughout their lifecycle. Asset requests are handled using workflows to obtain approvals, validate entitlements, issue chargebacks, provision services and more. Once an asset is deployed, SAM Asset Management records all maintenance activity and enables IT to perform regular audits, right up until asset retirement.
Automate your IT asset lifecycle on one platform!
SAM Software Asset Management allows you to easily create workflows and tasks to automate your IT asset lifecycle. Plan what assets you want to offer, fulfil acquisition requests, automate deployments and stockroom replenishments, manage incidents and changes, discover assets, perform compliance checks and more all without multiple tools or remote agents.
Unauthorized software … painful compliance audits … long fulfilment times … limited visibility … unaccountability … if these issues sound familiar, you are not alone. These are real challenges faced by many organizations – with serious consequences if not properly addressed. SoftwareHaus helps by providing greater control and visibility of your environment.
SoftwareHaus IT Asset Management (SITAM) provides a repository for you to track the financial, contractual, and inventory details of hardware, software, virtual, and non-IT assets that is stored for maximum flexibility. Any SoftwareHaus application, including ones that you customise, can use this repository. Since all your assets and configuration items are in one system of record, you can easily link them together to keep records synchronized.
ServiceNow ITAM Benefits!
- Automate Processes
- Reduce Costs
- Eliminate Wasted Resources
- Improve Compliance
- Mitigate Security Risks
- Control Inventory
- Drive Standardisation
- Consolidate Vendors
- Simplify Requests
- Reduce cost of acquisition & volume of acquisition
SAM handles multiple license types, software suites, entitlements, upgrade and downgrade of licenses, management of unallocated software licenses, software counters for reconciliation and software discovery models for normalization. SAM even includes a compliance checker to reconcile license usage to plan for the future.
Benefits to Enterprise IT
Inaccurate inventory, wasted resources, compliance issues and service delays are all risks faced by enterprise organizations every day. And they have serious consequences if not addressed. To mitigate risk, organizations should understand the assets they have: where they are, who uses them, how they are used, how they are configured, what they cost, and the value that they deliver. With SAM Asset Management, IT can :
- Depend on One Source of Truth
- Make informed strategic decisions about current capacity, asset refresh, planning & vendors, using complete and accurate asset portfolio data consolidated in a single system of record
- View a single pane dashboard that shows the organization’s software portfolio, including what is owned and what software is being consumed
- Monitor Key Performance Indicator (KPI) trends with Performance Analytics
- Reduce Costs
- Lower software spend by identifying which users need more expensive licenses versus those that need licenses for only more basic software versions or more basic levels of support, ie/ 9-5 or 24/7/365
- Manage wasted resources by identifying and removing underutilized assets
- Automate asset lifecycle processes in order to eliminate repetitive human tasks
- Lower maintenance contract costs by consolidating vendors and asset models and retiring contracts that no longer provide value to the business
- Influence demand by displaying asset prices in the Service Catalog and issuing chargebacks using the SAM IT Cost Management system
- Enhance Governance
- Control asset distribution by centralizing requests through a role-based service catalog
- Enforce policies, contractual agreements and regulatory requirements when requests are submitted, using workflow to validate eligibility and obtain approvals before fulfillment
- Confirm all requirements are met by periodically testing controls with SAM IT Governance Risk and Compliance
- Track which software is entitled to which machines or end-users so that unauthorized software can be flagged for removal
- Mitigate Risks
- Reduce audit preparation effort and accurately track software license compliance and usage
- Notify contract owners when renewal and expiration dates approach to prevent lapses in coverage
- Strengthen change management risk calculations by including business information about assets, such as age or lease expiration date